Thursday, November 20, 2014

Peppermint Cookies

DIET COKE TREE
Why not?
This was one of my favorite gifts.
It sits on my counter in the kitchen and this year it's kinda sad. 
I gave up Diet Coke August 2 and well I have a little sippy every now and then and I hope its a
 looooooong sippy somedays. 

It was made by my Daughter-In-Law
Kim Brooks 
She added glittered to the snowflakes on the cans. 
Red glitter ribbon and clear lights. 
If you want to make the season bright make your 
own favorite soda tree!

 
 Its a thumbs up kinda day!
Because there are treats in the house and my niece
Kennedy Loves Treats!

Peppermint Oreo Cookies
COOKIES
1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 TBSP flour
FROSTING
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pink food coloring
Crushed Candy Canes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs, and flour. Roll into 1" balls and bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not overcook so they stay soft and chewy.
When cooled layer frosting between the cookies and roll in the crushed peppermint candy canes.  
Great friend and neighbor gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment