Thanks to Daisy Consultant, Tami Hall (Meridian, ID) for sharing her tips on machine finishing minky binding. Enjoy! You can find Tami and purchase from her website here.
Easier Way to Machine Finish Binding on Minky Quilt
By Tami Hall
1. First sew binding on the BACK of the quilt. This makes the seam line on the back, from machine sewing the binding on, which looks nicer or less obtrusive as it does on the front.
2. Using 1/4" seam allowance tape, run the tape on the inside edge of the minky binding.
3. Fold the binding down over the ¼” seam allowance tape, and push it back. The tape helps you keep the binding edge at a ¼” in and reduces the stretchiness of the minky binding.
4. Fold the ¼” over onto the seam from using sewing on the initial binding.
6. If you are careful, your seam will fall right in the ditch on the back of your quilt. If not, the minky fabric will "swallow" it pretty effectively.