Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Game Day Minky Challenge Voting



It's time to vote for our Game Day Challenge. Each contestant purchased a Game Day Minky Challenge Packet and created whatever they wanted with it then entered it into our contest by emailing in a photo.  Your vote will help determine the Slam Dunk winner (see prizes below). The other two prizes (MVQ and Team Player) will be judged by a panel of experienced quilters. Voting is open through May 15 and winners will be announced right here on our blog on May 19. You are welcome to vote once here and once on our Facebook page.  One vote per venue per person.

The guidelines were:

  • Anything goes (quilts, bags, etc. Just about anything your mind can dream up!)
  • You may add other minky fabrics if needed but no cotton fabrics allowed on the project
  • You do not have to use all of the fabrics in the packet on your project. For instance, if your project is more feminine, you may want to focus on the turquoise and purple fabrics, and leave out the browns. That's totally up to you!


Prizes:

  • MVQ (Most Valuable Quilter) is first prize and will win a $150 My Lazy Daisy Shopping Spree.  
  •  Slam Dunk is second prize and will win a $100 My Lazy Daisy Shopping Spree.   
  • Team Player will be 3rd prize and will win a $75 My Lazy Daisy Shopping Spree.


Winners get:

  • MVQ (Most Valuable Quilter) is first prize and will win a $150 My Lazy Daisy Shopping Spree.  
  •  Slam Dunk is second prize and will win a $100 My Lazy Daisy Shopping Spree.   
  • Team Player will be 3rd prize and will win a $75 My Lazy Daisy Shopping Spree.

We have narrowed it down to our top 3 finalists and are so excited for you to vote. We will not be sharing the names of the entrants, just an entrant number.  Again, to vote,  please leave the # of the entrant you are voting for in a comment here on the blog. You can also vote on our Facebook page.  If you haven't already liked our page, we invite you to do so while you are there. You are allowed one vote for the Game Day Challenge at each venue.

Finalist #1: Sports Sayings Quilt



Finalist #2: Sports Collage Quilt
Front

Back

Close Up


Finalist #3: "Overnight at Grandma's (BYOB: Bring Your Own Bed):
Closed

Open
Happy Voting!

32 comments:

  1. #1 Gave me so much inspiration today! Love it, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 is a winner! Whomever receives that quilt is lucky! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 is really nice. It looks so soft & cozy. I vote #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for quilt #1, Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,mi think the N.3 is very useful! Camps , sleepovers, outdoors!
    Very smart

    ReplyDelete
  6. My vote goes to #3 My grandkids would be fighting over that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #3 gets my vote!! I agree with above…Grandkids would be fighting over it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #3 is such a cute and clever idea. She gets my vote

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1 is my favorite what a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1 has my vote, love the pattern and words added to it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love # 1!! All-around sportin job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. #2 is my pick, and you know why.

    ReplyDelete
  13. #3 both of my boys need that...and a trip to Grandma's too!

    ReplyDelete