Thursday, December 12, 2013

Strip Quilt Trick from Phoebe Hein



We love it when our consultants share tips and tricks with us that make quilting easier!  We would like to invite you, our customers to do the same. When/if your tips is featured here on our blog, you'll get a goodie in the mail from us (US residents only). You can email your detailed tips (please include photos) to karen.o.pedersen@gmail.com.  Include your mailing address in your email so we can send your goodie when/if you are chosen to be featured!

This tip is from My Lazy Daisy Consultant, Phoebe Hein from Newport, Oregon. You can check out Phoebe's website and purchase from her (24/7...even in your jammies!) at http://www.mylazydaisy.net/166/

Phoebe said...
I'm on my third strip quilt  and found an easier way for me that might help others. 

I don't like starting them with all the backing and trying to get the first piece flat and straight or be all bent over on the floor so I folded the backing exactly in half at the start to get the centerline and get it smooth.  Using a cutting table or kitchen counter works!  I smoothed it out, sprayed and put #4 down (my center). Next I gently pulled the bottom half out underneath and let it hang from the cutting table and marked 9" from #4 as a guide, where #3 should end up after sewing. Then I attached #3. I pulled that over to the side and repeated with #5, doing the marking etc. 

The gorgeous All Minky strip quilt you see Phoebe working on in these photos is the Jumbo Snuggle- Marabella Turquoise. It is approx. 60" x 72" finished and is so beautifully luxurious!






And here is the finished quilt....scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment